The convent of la Mercè

It is also known as the Convent of ‘El Miracle’

22/02/2017

Construction:
13th century although the church we can see today is from the 14th century.

Characteristics:
The church has only one nave, without apse and has diaphragm arches and a wooden cover.  There are lateral chapels in the buttress which are from the 14th and 16th century; the choir, the  altar and the niche for the image are from later on.  In the main façade we can see a simple porch, the walls are masonry except the inferior part which consists of  irregular blocks of stone.

History:
It is also known as the Convent of ‘El Miracle’ it dates from 1246. Nowadays it is a  school centre.

Visit:
It can’t be visited

Document Actions