Convent of La Mercè

Construction
13th century although the church we can see today is from the 14th century.

Architectural features
The church has only one nave, without apse and has diaphragm arches and a wooden cover. There are lateral chapels in the buttress which are from the 14th and 16th centuries. The choir, the altar and some other elements are from later on. In the main façade we can see a simple porch, the walls are masonry except the inferior part which consists of irregular blocks of stone.

History
It is also known as the convent of El Miracle it dates from 1246 although the monks did not settle here until 1288. Nowadays it is a school centre.

Visit
Outside visit.

Document Actions