Desclergue House

Noble house in the heart of the town

22/02/2017

Construction:
16th century with later alterations.
Characteristics:
In ancient times it followed the same line as the rest of the buildings in the square but later on in the 16th century the Desclergue family added the porches and the balcony.
History:
It was the residence of the ‘veguer’ and in 1730 it passed from the ‘Desclergue’ family to a lawyer called ‘Anton Tomàs’. In the second half of the 19th century it was  a popular café and in the 1970’s, as it was going to collapse, it was restored. At present it is the central office of BBVA.
Visit:

Only the exterior part.

Document Actions