It is in the east of the town, at the bottom of ‘el Tossal Gros’
( Miramar mountain range)


Although there is documentation in 1060, it was not founded until it was conquered by the king Ramon Berenguer IV a century later. Later on he constituted the barony of  Prenafeta, which was shared with ‘Figuerola’, ‘Miramar’, ‘ Mas d’Amill’ and ‘Montornès’. In the 18th century the inhabitants moved to the actual place and in the highest part it was created ‘la Barceloneta’ (nowadays this hamlet belongs to Montblanc). In the 19th century it was attached to  Lilla.

Outstanding places:

There are remainders of the ancient village where it can still be seen the line of the main street and the remainders of a Romanesque church. It is a centre of  rural tourism, with three lodging houses (country houses), a hotel, a restaurant and a museum devoted to the wine.

Tourist services:

Mas de la Planella (PT-000129)
Ctra. de Montblanc, s/n
Tel. 977 862 306
Restaurant Cal Gaÿa
Ctra. de Montblanc, s/n
Tel. 977 862 306

Document Actions